Fabio,

I have not noticed any change to this issue on 10.04 or 10.10.  A
dock/undock event does not cause the system to detect the addition or
removal of the displayport external monitor.  An additional side note
would be that during a normal boot with the laptop in the dock and the
lid closed while connected to an external monitor always seems to use
a very low resolution by default.  I've since gotten used to running
my own xrandr script during bootup and when KDE detects the
addition/removal of power.  It is a nasty hack, but has worked for me.

v/r

--
Chris

On Apr 15, 2011, at 14:36, Fabio Marconi <marconifa...@ubuntu-it.org>
wrote:

> Hello Christopher
> can you update me about this issue?
> Thanks
> Fabio
>
> ** Changed in: xrandr (Ubuntu)
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/427846
>
> Title:
>  Thinkpad T400s laptop dock events not enabling/disabling external
>  display
>
> Status in “xrandr” package in Ubuntu:
>  Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
>  OS: Kubuntu 9.10 & 9.04
>
>  Dock Type: ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3
>
>  Docking and undocking does not force a refresh of detected displays.  If I
> go to "System Settings" and then "Display" the detected displays are
> refreshed and it fixes the resolution and enables/disables the external
> display.  If KRandRTray is running, clicking on the icon will typically force
> a refresh the same as going to "Display" in "System Settings".
>  ---
>  Architecture: amd64
>  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
>  DkmsStatus: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release amd64 (20100427)
>  MachineType: LENOVO 2801CTO
>  Package: xrandr (not installed)
>  ProcCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-23-generic
> root=UUID=5e62ea5e-033a-44b0-bbba-16b09aa423a2 ro quiet splash
> acpi.power_nocheck=1 acpi_osi=linux
>  ProcEnviron:
>   LANGUAGE=
>   PATH=(custom, user)
>   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>   SHELL=/bin/bash
>  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-23.37-generic 2.6.32.15+drm33.5
>  Tags: lucid lucid
>  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-23-generic x86_64
>  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare vboxusers
>  dmi.bios.date: 09/17/2009
>  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
>  dmi.bios.version: 6HET24WW (1.09 )
>  dmi.board.name: 2801CTO
>  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
>  dmi.board.version: Not Available
>  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Information
>  dmi.chassis.type: 10
>  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
>  dmi.chassis.version: Not Available
>  dmi.modalias:
> dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvr6HET24WW(1.09):bd09/17/2009:svnLENOVO:pn2801CTO:pvrThinkPadT400s:rvnLENOVO:rn2801CTO:rvrNotAvailable:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrNotAvailable:
>  dmi.product.name: 2801CTO
>  dmi.product.version: ThinkPad T400s
>  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO
>  system:
>   distro:             Ubuntu
>   codename:           lucid
>   architecture:       x86_64
>   kernel:             2.6.32-23-generic
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xrandr/+bug/427846/+subscribe

which is subscribed to xrandr in Ubuntu.