I've just:
  1) Added xorg to the bug because I'm also seeing in a KDE session inside a
kvm guest on a separate machine - the KDE session is actually built from
source, rather than kubuntu.  However given it's the same symptoms and gtk
shouldn't be involved it sounds like it may be more widespread.
  2) I knocked gtk's state out of 'incomplete' since questions had been
answered since it was set.

Dave

** Also affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu) => ubuntu

** Changed in: ubuntu

  mouse pointer disappears in ubuntu 11.04