On Mon, 7 Nov 2011, WarriorIng64 wrote:

> I have not been running Unity 3D for the past week or so (switched over
> to GNOME Shell on my desktop), but when I last used it everything seemed
> fine performance-wise except the lenses being just slightly slow and the
> Alt+Tab window switcher performing so slowly as to be almost painful to
> use. I get none of these performance problems with the 11.10 install on
> my laptop, which instead suffers from window flickering when switching
> between windows on the same workspace (see bug 881003).
>
> At any rate, I imagine these would all be separate bugs on their own and
> don't belong here. I should also mention that I'm using the Nouveau
> driver...what are you using?

I am using nouveau also.  I am kind of surprised that you are getting OK
performance as for me, it is so slow that it is almost unusable.  Also,
I'm getting occasional X lockups, too.  Weird thing is that things worked
fine in Natty w/ Unity 3D on my setup (w/ nouveau).

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  3D no longer works after latest updates