Public bug reported:

Repro steps:
* Run "Xvfb -ac :99" in a terminal
* Run "DISPLAY=:99 xinput list" in a second terminal

Expected:
List of input devices appears (XTest, core). Xvfb continues to run.

Actual:
Xvfb segfaults in first terminal.

This problem affects any user of Xvfb who tries to run a client that
uses the XInput extension.  For example, a user runs a new desktop
session, and a session program tries to enumerate the XInput devices (or
the user has a startup script containing any "xinput" commands).

There is an upstream patch which I've verified fixes the problem:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/hw/vfb/InitInput.c?id=0e7703f9b1927328954a2fc87aac6be244819329
The version of Xorg/Xvfb in Precise has this patch (from inspection of the
source tarball for "xvfb" package).

We'd like this to be backported to Lucid

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** Affects: xorg-server (Debian)

** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #575905

** Also affects: xorg-server (Debian) via

  Xvfb: any use of the XInput extension causes Xvfb to crash