I just built a new custom system and installed Ubuntu 12.04 64Bit on the
machine. Unfortunately one problem that I experienced with 11.10 has
apparently carried over. My mouse will randomly do a "back button" event
and navigate Chrome to the previous page. The behavior is random and I
have no way of reproducing it constantly but it occurs on a daily basis.
I can alleviate the issue temporarily by plugging the mouse into another
USB port. At some point the "back button" (side button on the mouse)
will stop working altogether until I replug the mouse or restart the
system. As soon as I replug the mouse to another port or restart the
mouse will resume normal function for a period of time. I have yet to
see this occur in Nautilus since the back button has the same function
there but I only have a few hours into this system and with experiencing
the issue. I will amend the report if that issue crops up in other
applications.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 Precise standard installation from the amd64 iso. Mouse
is a wired USB Logitech MX518.

Expected behavior:

All mouse clicks should be user inputs and translate into relevant
usability.

Actual behavior:

The "back" button on the mouse (standard configuration) will
sporadically trigger and navigate Chrome to the last opened page.

If there is anything I can do to document the behavior please let me
know I am not familiar with polling input information.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-input-evdev (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
USB Mouse displays odd behavior
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/990210