I still did not install any other kernel, yet I encountered no freeze since 3
days ago and this since the moment I updated to (Build 39) :
3.2.0-24-generic #39-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 21 16:52:17 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux
What a weird bug.
The fact that Canonical is dead silent about this bug stipulates it's a deadly
bug none wants to get involved with.
I guess WAYLAND's arrival is needed. X is getting bloated and complicated to
handle.

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently