> > No, this is a side effect of this bug.  As long as the virtual area is
> > accessible, there is no reason for the DE/WM not to authorize icons or
> > windows
> > to move in the virtual area.  If this behaviour persists once the present
> > bug
> > is fixed, *then* I'll file a bug for that.
>
> Window/icon coordinates are outside of X. I can move a window/icon OUTSIDE of
> the accessible area as long as the WM allows me to. It's the DE's
> responsibility to check which areas of the X screen are actually displayed on
> (any) monitor and place the icons/windows accordingly.

What happens when the mouse pointer issue is fixed and I find icons end up in
this dead area?
At the moment I can rescue them by drawing a selection box around a visible
icon and those icons off the screen. Then, using the visible icon, I drag this
group of icons until I can see them all on the desktop.

I thought I would add a link to the Ubuntu forums where I have just made a post
with the other relevant multi-monitor bugs in case it is of help to anyone.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10384602&postcount=17

  [Needs 1.11]Cursor can move off-screen when dual-monitors do not form
  rectangular area