Thanks for answering. My card is intel x4500hd and my xorg.conf is the
default one (I'm not on linux now)

What's interesting is that even the live session from the daily live
cd has the same problem, while alpha 4 has not.
Another interesting thing is that xorg is not the only process which
eats cpu, but almost every process (with a non trivial logic of
course) are using lots of cpu.

What I'm doing now is this: test yesterday daily live cd and see if it
works, then I will post the packages that ubuntu wants to upgrade.

--
xorg eats up all my CPU
which is subscribed to xorg in ubuntu.