This bug affects me as well. When starting my computer with the tablet
plugged in, the led on the tablet doesn't light up, lsusb doesn't list
it, and lsmod doesn't list the "wacom" module. The tablet just does not
react. A workaround is to unplug it and plug it again: the tablet gets
recognised and then works correctly, is listed under lsusb, and under
lsmod the "wacom" module appears on top of the list.

  Wacom tablet does not work on first startup