I am seeing one more behavior. If the system is in sleep for more that
say half an hour, then when waking it up the kdm login screen does not
even appear. Its pure black. But if I enter my password based on an
assumption, it seems to be working then when I move my cursor it changes
when it passes my notes in desktop. But at this point I cannot even log
out. Only thing I can do is do a VT switch and reboot.

--
[karmic] suspend to ram broken in kubuntu
which is subscribed to xorg in ubuntu.