I have similar problem on my desktop, my desktop was working fine with
earlier version of UBUNTU,

After upgrading to 12.04LTS, facing lot of issues like.
freeze, display will not be proper.
apps are getting crash, system mouse will move and system will not respond
locally and remotely.

"I tried changing the VGA and resolution size, still problem remain
same."

Please help me.

Following are my configuration.

Linux version 3.2.0-31-generic-pae (buildd@roseapple) (gcc version 4.6.3
(Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) #50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 7 16:39:45 UTC
2012

lsb_release -a; uname -a; lscpu; sudo lshw -C memory
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 12.04
Codename: precise
Linux svn 3.2.0-31-generic-pae #50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 7 16:39:45 UTC 2012 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Architecture: i686
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 1
On-line CPU(s) list: 0
Thread(s) per core: 1
Core(s) per socket: 1
Socket(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 15
Model: 1
Stepping: 2
CPU MHz: 1892.253
BogoMIPS: 3784.50
PCI (sysfs)
  *-firmware
       vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
       physical id: 0
       version: R01-B1
       date: 05/23/2003
       size: 128KiB
       capacity: 192KiB
       capabilities: isa pci pnp apm upgrade shadowing cdboot bootselect
socketedrom edd int13floppy360 int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int13floppy2880
int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer int10video acpi usb agp
ls120boot zipboot biosbootspecification netboot
  *-cache:0
       physical id: b
       slot: External Cache
       size: 256KiB
       capacity: 256KiB
       capabilities: synchronous external write-back
  *-cache:1
       physical id: c
       slot: External Cache
       size: 256KiB
       capacity: 256KiB
       capabilities: synchronous external write-back
  *-memory
       physical id: 1c
       slot: System board or motherboard
       size: 2GiB
       capacity: 2GiB
     *-bank:0
          product: None
          vendor: None
          physical id: 0
          serial: None
          slot: A0
          size: 1GiB
          width: 64 bits
     *-bank:1
          product: None
          vendor: None
          physical id: 1
          serial: None
          slot: A1
          size: 1GiB
          width: 64 bits
  *-cache:0
       physical id: 0
       size: 8KiB
  *-cache:1
       physical id: 1
       size: 256KiB

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.