add the following lines in /etc/rc.local could wake up the touch screen, it
works every time after booting up.
Or, you can run it manually to check if the commands work.

sudo rmmod hid_multitouch ; sudo modprobe hid-multitouch ; find
/sys/bus/usb/devices/2-3 -name control | xargs -I '{}' sudo sh -c "echo on >
'{}'"
sudo rmmod hid_multitouch ; sudo modprobe hid-multitouch ; find
/sys/bus/usb/devices/2-3 -name control | xargs -I '{}' sudo sh -c "echo on >
'{}'"
sudo rmmod hid_multitouch ; sudo modprobe hid-multitouch ; find
/sys/bus/usb/devices/2-3 -name control | xargs -I '{}' sudo sh -c "echo on >
'{}'"

My touchscreen is linked to /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-3, check the
idProduct and idVendor in that directory to make sure which directory
your touchscreen is using.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  Touchscreen only works after suspend/resume on Lenovo ideapad P400
  Touch