I am experiencing this bug as well, though with an Acer laptop, no touch
screen.  random lockups where the mouse still works.  fiddling with tty1
has mixed results -- killall on compiz to avoid a hard reboot would work
for a bit, but after a couple of hits of that, things just went weird in
the way of it just giving me the stock orange background image, or
performing very slowly.  I switched from firefox usage to chrome and
that seemed to help.  the last day I was using firefox, this lockup
happened 3 times in one morning.  normally after my screen sleeps from
inactivity.  but sometimes while I'm actively using the laptop.  after 5
days of no issues in using chrome, it happened again.    I've downloaded
the compiz config app and disabled animations.  hoping that will avoid
the problem.

Acer E1-510-2827
Linux danwork 3.16.0-28-generic #38-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 12 17:37:40 UTC 2014
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

H/W path       Device     Class       Description
                          system      E1-510 (E1-510_0845_V2.05)
/0                        bus         E1-510
/0/0                      memory      64KiB BIOS
/0/4                      processor   Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N2920  @ 1.86GHz
/0/4/8                    memory      32KiB L1 cache
/0/4/9                    memory      1MiB L2 cache
/0/7                      memory      24KiB L1 cache
/0/f                      memory      8GiB System Memory
/0/f/0                    memory      8GiB SODIMM DDR3 Synchronous 1066 MHz
(0.9 ns)
/0/f/1                    memory      SODIMM [empty]
/0/100                    bridge      Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series SoC
Transaction Register
/0/100/2                  display     Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series
Graphics & Display

  [i945 GMA950] X freezes about once a week