No change in 15.04.  I can add the resolution with xrandr, and after
that I can use it.  But after reboot, I have to do it again.

The upgrade got stuck with a black screen and no networking, but I
eventually got out of it with the "apt-get dist-upgrade" dance from the
console.  I hope that hasn't messed things up.

It may matter that I've got the monitor's DVI port hooked up to my
computer's HDMI port.  It was the only way to get things working: the
monitor doesn't support its full native resolution on HDMI, and the
Haswell builtin graphics only supports the resolution on HDMI.  But, the
hardware can do it and it used to work from the settings GUI without
hackery.

  Screen resolution no longer works