I've been running several days without a freeze on my 4.2.6 kernel.  I
simply added intel_idle.max_cstate=1 to my kernel arguments, no other
power arguments, and no more setting GPU frequency caps.

intel_idle.max_cstate=0 was effective too, but my system ran warm (not
hot) when idle.  At max_cstate=1 the case temperature seems normal to
me.

I suspect that the cost of this work-around would be less battery run
time.  But until the T100CHI has full hardware support in linux (no
sound, no bluetooth...), I'm tethered to a powered hub anyway.

I've also tested versions of 4.1.13, 4.2.6, 4.3, even 4.4-rc1 without
obvious side-effects.  4.4rc2 did freeze within minutes of booting, but
4.4-rcx has too many regressions (no wifi even on a dongle) to take that
freeze seriously.

I also tried max_cstate=2 on my Dell laptop (baytrail) but that seemed
to trigger a "not quite" freeze during a kernel build (fan speed
malfunction typical of a freeze, but the build finished successfully.)
The subsequent power down crashed and the next boot was extremely
difficult to start (press hold repeat).  I'm not going to try the
remaining max cstates 3-6!

This might suggest the freeze lies in handling cstates 2-6 starting
after kernel-3.16.7.  But that assumes this bandaid lasts more than
another week.

  8086:0f31 Xubuntu freeze once a day