I tried all ubuntu 14.04 LTS kernels from 3.13 over 3.16, 3.19 to 4.2
and got freezes with all of them except for 3.13. All which produced
freezes have been tried with all mentioned kernel parameters and
verified it with cat /proc/cmdline. Kernel 4.2 + intel_idle.max_cstate=1
froze within 1 day.

We are running almost 200 machines with a identical setup of ubuntu
14.04 + xfce4 + chromium + html5-kiosk web application which includes an
ogm video which is played when idle and otherwise some hardware
accelerated html5 animations. 50 of the machines were supported by an
Celeron J1900, the remains are equiped with older Core 2 Duo / Pentium
Dual-Core or Celeron 847 and ~20 AMD E1-2100 or A4-5000. The most stable
kernel for us is the default Ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.13. We're going to
buy AMD Kabinis as we dont have any issues there except the higher TDP
and higher temperatures in a complete passively cooled system.

  8086:0f31 Xubuntu freeze once a day