I cannot trigger the crash  (it happens randomly)

As per your instructions, running:

sudo ubuntu-bug /var/crash/_my_crash_report.crash

shows the attached pop up window and I get the following message on the
terminal:

'Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is
discouraged.'

Nothing is actually saved to /var/crash

Since I originally reported the crash,  Chrome has been updated to
48.0.2564.82 (64-bit) but Xorg is still 1:7.7+7ubuntu4. I don't think I
have had any more crashes since then (but I haven't been using
Ubuntu/Chrome as much)

I originally had the following files in /var/crash:

-rw-r----- 1 devbie   whoopsie 1712230 Jan 17 15:17
_opt_google_chrome_chrome.1000.crash
-rw-r----- 1 devbie   whoopsie  613910 Jan 22 22:28
_usr_bin_atril-thumbnailer.1000.crash
-rw-rw-r-- 1 devbie   whoopsie       0 Jan 22 22:28
_usr_bin_atril-thumbnailer.1000.upload
-rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie       0 Jan 22 22:28
_usr_bin_atril-thumbnailer.1000.uploaded
-rw-r----- 1 devbie   whoopsie 7143430 Jan 22 23:38
_usr_bin_mate-panel.1000.crash
-rw-r----- 1 root     whoopsie 4204066 Jan 18 22:17 _usr_bin_Xorg.0.crash
-rw-r--r-- 1 root     whoopsie       0 Jan 18 22:17 _usr_bin_Xorg.0.upload
-rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie       0 Jan 18 22:17 _usr_bin_Xorg.0.uploaded

Presumably they relate to the bug and I have saved them for the time
being. Would they be useful & should I upload them (how would I do
this)?

Thanks

** Attachment added: "error window triggered by ubuntu-bug"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1531029/+attachment/4557433/+files/Screenshot-Invalid%20problem%20report.png

  Random Xorg crash while using Chrome