1) It is not on the list you linked. It is a
http://identimac.com/modelDetails/PowerBook%20G4/4.html
Same problem on my PowerMac G5
(http://identimac.com/modelDetails/Power%20Mac%20G5/5.html) with a Radeon 9650
(http://www.welovemacs.com/atig59650.html).

2) I am missing a flicker and tearingfree desktop experience (e.g.
browsing, watching videos, moving windows around). Well, of course it's
a nice to have and no must. "Compton GPU composit" provides the best
desktop experience, at least it does on my amd64 box with newer AMD
graphics hardware.

  GPU compositors do not work on r300-class Radeon cards on PPC hardware