Bug context:
 · Arch Linux x86_64 4.3.3-2-ARCH
 · systemd 228-3 (using lightdm-plymouth.service)
 · plymouth 0.9.2-8 (compiled from AUR)
 · lightdm 1:1.16.6-2
 · lightdm-gtk-greeter 1:2.0.1-2

At the end of boot process, right after plymouth splash, lightdm starts
normally and the GTK+ greeter login screen is shown for about 1 second, but
then the screen instantly flickers (goes black) and the greeter is redrawn.
From here on, everything works flawlessly, but the brief flickering is
certainly annoying.
This happens every time and no other greeter I have tried presents this issue,
so I can confirm it is lightdm-gtk-greeter-related.

** Affects: lightdm

** Affects: lightdm-gtk-greeter

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

** Tags: black flicker lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter lightdm-plymouth
lightdm-plymouth.service login once plymouth
--
lightdm-gtk-greeter flickers once little after lightdm starts
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1531224