Could someone offer advice please?

I was affected by this bug in 12.04 LTS Precise but in practical terms
fixed it by installing nvidia-304=304.134-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 . Subsequent
security updates to nvidia packages were offered but I ignored them
following comments in this thread that they reintroduced the bug. All
was well until I upgraded to 14.04 Trusty yesterday but I've now hit
problems.

I established through investigations following the evident loss of my
XWindows interface that PPAs are disabled on upgrades. I believe however
that I have successfully re-enabled them in Trusty. I have a semi-
functional desktop through having purged all NVIDIA drivers, and have
tried to install nvidia-304=304.134-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 (and also 14.04,
and 14.04.2) thinking that this would exist and correspond with the
version that worked under Precise. Unfortunately they weren't found, and
so I'm hoping that someone knows which nvidia package in which
repository I should install in order to regain functioning graphics.

My graphics card is a GeForce 6200 TurboCache (Device Id 0x0161) and it
requires a 304.xx driver. Incidentally I intend upgrading very soon to
Xenial but would much prefer to do this from a stable base.

TIA.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 in Ubuntu.

  no login possible after update to nvidia 304.132