I need to enter Unicode with Unicode escape codes and the Ubuntu
prescribed way is to use CTRL-SHIFT-U and then enter some numbers to
input.  This doesn't do anything in the Ubuntu Bionic beta.

Potentially related the ALT-TAB window switching is delayed in
recognizing the occurrence of the keys being pressed such that I have to
hold ALT-TAB instead of quickly hitting both simultaneously.

This is from a system that was upgraded from a previous Ubuntu version
without any issues.

Release:        18.04

** Affects: xkeyboard-config (Ubuntu)

** Tags: input keyboard unicode
--
Unicode input not working on Bionic with CTRL-SHIFT-U
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1760308