Public bug reported:

Hello I have PC with Xeon E processor and I am using integrated Intel graphics
to drive a VGA display. I am using Ubuntu 20.04 Everything works fine. Then I
add xorg.conf file, for other reasons, to /etc/X11 ( by default no xorg.conf
file is present ) and I get the first screen after the log in is corrupted by
yellow vertical lines and/or corrupted icons and eventually a block box is
present at half height of the screen. See here below the incriminated xorg.conf
:
Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "layout"
    Screen 0 "intel"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "intel"
    Driver "intel"
    BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "intel"
    Device "intel"
EndSection

and photo of the corrupted screen is attached.
If I open terminal or what else looks good but the first screen is always a bit
corrupted. If I change the background image , the new background appears
without vertical lines. If I go back to the original background image that is
still corrupted with vertical lines. I am sure the corruption is because of the
xorg.conf file but how can I fix the situation ? I need the xorg.conf file
because I want xorg.conf to use only the internal integrated intel graphics and
not other graphics cards/drivers that will be present.

If I do exactly the same , adding the same xorg.conf file to on Ubuntu
18.04, same HW, same configuration, I don't see this problem. It happens
only with Ubuntu 20.04.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: 20.04 xorg

** Attachment added: "1yYZU.jpg"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1902086/+attachment/5429027/+files/1yYZU.jpg

  xorg on Ubuntu 20.04 fails to show correctly background image and
  icons