I still have it, but I think this relates to the bug I put as duplicate.
As a difference to the quoted bug, I am not using Xinerama or TwinView,
so this description is a better one of the problem I face.

   Launching QT apps such as SpeedCrunch, keepassX, Lucky Backup, Pencil,
Stellarium, skype, Google Earth, VLC crashes Xserver
 * You can subscribe to bug 650539 by following this link:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/650539/+subscribe

--
skype and other qt applications crashing x
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.