On 4/2/2010 7:18 PM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> EHLO
>
> - austin has brought nptl up to snuff with master. Thanks!
> - -std=gnu89 (before merge/after/not ?) I fear that certain folks
>   will wince if we (we're well in 2010 at the time of this writing and
>   C99 is the dominating standard for the majority that i'm aware of)
>   drop it, yes?
> - merge nptl into now open master. Trivial, Austin kindly volunteered to
>   do the grunt work. Please dont forget cosmetics like 'make clean'
>   spitting out the dirs -- see CLEAN_ on master.
> - /me has ppc NPTL pending. Needs TID love for i misinterpreted it first
>   time round. 98% done AFAIC. Testing possible, didn't try remote
>   facility yet where i could test the basics; except: softfp ppc is
>   obviously busted in gcc anyway (but fixable, according to Joseph).
>   No personal interrest so no somersaults to take care of the latter.
>   Call me if you want to trick me into it.
>
> There were rumors about problems with a 3-stage setup with NPTL with
> recent uClibc header generation fixes (on nptl). .plan is to attempt
> to retain the install_headers && intermittent-other-stuff && install
> steps, if possible. TBInvestigated/TBDone ATM.

Hi Bernhard,
I have not yet tested fresh nptl branch on sh4 (I'll try to do it asap).
Regarding the 3-stage setup issue, I think it is the old problem I
rasied more times in the past about how headers target should be
generated for the nptl case at least (where a cross compiler is already
required in later stage).
In the ST nptl branch I've always done thing differently because it
seems that nobody was taking care of this issue.
I'll see how new nptl behaves and propose a fix in any.

Another point: as you know we are going to complete the work to add
prelink support to uClibc: what about putting it in this plan ? Or do
you think it's better to postpone to a later release ?

Congrats for the new release,
Carmelo