On Wednesday 03 February 2010 05:56:43 Sébastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> I'll give you some more background.

thanks, that explains things nicely

> That being said, the problem with the LM32 loader still needs to be solved.
> Contrary to Milkymist/LM32, the Blackfin that you mentioned is a
>  proprietary and closed CPU. But it has an outstanding uClinux port with
>  good documentation and I will attribute that to corporate sponsorship of
>  the "Koop".

*shrug* buckets of money dont matter if you hire incompetent people :).  the
original Blackfin port was outsourced and it had just as many issues as what
you highlighted with the current Lattice port.

>  I'm nowhere near as rich as Analog Devices, but how much would
>  you charge for fixing Theobroma's FDPIC loader and its environment
>  (toolchain, uClibc, etc.)?

sorry, i dont have the expertise to whip gcc/binutils into shape.  as you
mention, these GNU projects are quite formidable to "break into".

i do know that the Blackfin and FRV code bases in binutlis are pretty similar,
so it should be easy for you to base a new port of either of them.
-mike