  Email This Page

Print This Page

Visit The Publisher's Site

The Monitor (Kampala)

October 24, 2003
Posted to the web October 24, 2003

Patrick Elobu Angonu
Soroti

The Movement Chairman of Kalaki Sub County in Kaberamaido was abducted by rebels of the Lord's Resistance Army on Wednesday.

Mr Albert Ejoku, the district secretary for defence said Mr John Ejoku was abducted together with his seven children. "As we speak now we don't know the fate of Mr Ejoku after he was abducted with seven of his children," Ejoku told The Monitor in Soroti town. He said the rebels also attacked Bululu Trading Centre at 2 a.m and stole merchandise.

He said the rebels who are camping in Oyomai village in Kalaki also abducted two people. Meanwhile, several Arrow boys in Kaberamaido emerged unhurt when the Tata lorry LG 0077-44 they were travelling in was hit by a speeding Volvo Gateway bus UAD 009B.

The lorry was crossing Soroti town main street on Wednesday. Police said the bus had the right of way. Soroti OC Station, ASP Obela said no one died but the lorry driver, one Sande, was hurt.