Fellow citizens and members of the international community, with such posture, as exhibited below by the dictatorship in Kampala, one can and must wonder as to whether the Museveni dictatorship intended to genuinely engage in "peace talks" with "kony" in order to bring about genuine peace to our region and our nation. ar
The fact of the matter is, fellow citizens, the regime in Kampala cannot and must not decieve the people of Uganda that Mbhu they are serious about "peace talks", and yet at the some time the regime is perparing for more wars in the region.
If the rgeime in kampala, has , as it's intention to further escalate the violence which has visited Northern and Eastern Uganda to a new hieght , let it specifically state so. and the people of Uganda will
hold it accountable for such a stand.
Indeed one cannot prepare for "peace" and yet at the some time one is preparing to further continue with the now 21 year old war!!
Mate
Uganda: Govt Wants Joint Attack With Congo On Rebels
| | ||||||||||
The Monitor (Kampala)
August 3, 2006
Posted to the web August 2, 2006
Posted to the web August 2, 2006
Mercy Nalugo
Parliament
Parliament
THE government has called for the establishment of a joint operation by the Ugandan government and that of Eastern Congo to wipe out rebel remnants of the Lords Resistance Army (LRA), Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) and the National Army for the Liberation of Uganda (Nalu).
The Defence Minister, Dr Crispus Kiyonga, while appearing before the Defence and Internal Affairs sectoral committee on Tuesday, said the government's recommendation is that there should be a joint operation by the two countries and the UN forces " to pursue all the rebels and finish them once and for all."
He said the
rebel remnants were only left in the Eastern DRC, which should allow Ugandan forces to pursue them from there.
"We have information to show that the ADF remnants and Nalu are in Eastern Congo," Kiyonga said.
Kiyonga led a ministry of Defence team to Parliament's Defence committee to answer queries regarding the Defence ministry policy statement.
Ms Rose Namayanja chaired the committee.
The committee last week rejected the policy statement for the financial year 2006/07, describing it as inadequate.
Kiyonga explained that the Defence ministry requires an additional Shs 50billion for the ministry's review.
The ministry is seeking Sh353 billion for the recurrent and development budgets.
|
Regarding auxiliary forces, the Permanent Secretary, Brig. Noble Mayombo, explained that they do internal affairs work and their
budget should fall under the Internal Affairs ministry.
He said there are no intentions by the Defence Ministry to hide auxiliary forces' resources.
Outlining some of the ministry's achievements, Mayombo said 1,604 guns have been recovered from Karimojong cattle rustlers and the joint branding of animals by the East African countries is going on.
How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengers low PC-to-Phone call rates.
_______________________________________________ Ugandanet mailing list [email protected] http://kym.net/mailman/listinfo/ugandanet % UGANDANET is generously hosted by INFOCOM http://www.infocom.co.ug/
The above comments and data are owned by whoever posted them (including attachments if any). The List's Host is not responsible for them in any way. ---------------------------------------

