From: Naoyuki Tai <n...@smartfruit.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 23:33:25
To: <unattended-info@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Unattended] WinXP SP3 installation question

Hello,

My name "Tai".

I've been volunteering for World Computer Exchange for a year or so,
http://www.worldcomputerexchange.org
and next Saturday, I have to install Windows XP to a couple of stacks
of HP, IBM and Dell boxes, about 2 dozens or so.

I brought back 3 machines, 2 IBMs and 1 HP as a sample of next week,
and I've been having hard time to complete the Windows XP SP3 installation
to it.

(FYI, Most of the time, WCE installs Ubuntu, but Windows is requested by
the recipient.)

Installation itself succeeds, XP shows up, and goes to apply the security
updates. Since the machines are going to the places where the internet
is not well run, I would really like to install as much updates as possible.

And, this installing updates is giving me a grief. Almost every update is
returning error code 194, and machine reboots. It sometimes install
2 or 3, and then the machine reboots. Since it reboots so often, the
installation is taking really really long time.
(I've been spending all Saturday today.)
At that pace, I'm not sure I can go through the pile of machines
next week.

I might have done some gotchas along the way.
Is this expected or is this something wrong?

Thanks.

-- Tai
Naoyuki "Tai" Tai, ntai a t smartfruit d o t com