Roozbeh Pournader scripsit:

> BTW, I would love to see a screenshot.

I don't have the capability, but the book (probably out of print)
is

        Peter M. Bergman, compiler.  The concise dictionary of 26
        languages in simultaneous translation. New York: Signet, 1968.
        There is no ISBN, but the L.C. number is 67-14284.

The book contains 1000 words in English order, with translations
into French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, German, Dutch,
Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Czech, Serbo-Croat, Hungarian,
Finnish, Turkish, Indonesian, Esperanto, Russian, Greek, Arabic,
Hebrew, Yiddish, Japanese, and Swahili, four words to a page.
There are then indexes in native order for each of these languages.
(The book is known to have some errors, but is interesting anyway.)

The non-Latin languages appear in transliteration in the main
text, but in native script in the index.  (The Japanese index
appears to be ordered in romaji order, though.)  The numbers in the
Arabic version are properly Arabiform: all other numbers are European.

Now that I look more closely, the RTL indexes have another anomaly.
Although each *page* is properly RTL, the pages themselves appear
in the overall LTR order; that is, the pages beginning with aleph/alif
are closer to the (LTR) front of the book.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There