According to Michael Everson's site, "The Alphabets of Europe" page,
the French .pdf, character à and à (Latin small / capital letter N
with tilde) is used by the French alphabet.

I looked at different other sources and found no other mention about
this character as being used for French language (however, my search
was not exhaustive).
The standard ISO/IEC 8859-16 claims coverage of the French language,
but character à and à is not part of ISO/IEC 8859-16.

Should I understand that this charactere was only used in "old" French ?

Thank you,
    Cristi