Linux newbie calling all Linux experts!
I have recently installed Clarkconnect community 4.2 and Squeezecenter
7 on an old Pentium 4 pc following the excellent instructions here
http://www.ulverston.myzen.co.uk/mini-itx/index.htm. Everything is
working hunky-dory. I now want to install Music IP, I have downloaded
http://www.musicip.com/downloads/MusicMixer_x86_1.8.tgz, but at this
point seem to have become stumped. I have unpacked the tgz file which
then created a directory in, the root directory, the thing is what do I
do now as I can't seem to get it to work. Have I extracted to the wrong
directory and is there something I should do after extraction to make
Music Ip work? I am using Putty and WinSCP to access the new server.I
have tried using the help pages at MusicIp  but these seem to assume
that you are a Linux expert. Hopefully this makes sense to someone. I
hope there is a patient soul here who could walk me through this as I
have very little Linux experience but I am enjoying the challenge of
getting this to work. Thanks in anticipation!

--
Stessull