> Try stopping apparmor with the command "sudo service apparmor stop".

When I try this I get sudo: service: command not found. I looked for
service using the synaptic package manager and couldn't find it. Also,
I'm not sure that apparmor is running on my system. I do "ps ax | grep
apparmor" and the only thing that comes back is a process for "grep
apparmor."

> Restart squeezecenter with "service squeezecenter restart"

Squeezecenter is now apparently starting whenever I boot linux. It
starts and goes into its infinite loop. (I see this happening in the
log in /var/log.) Is there some way to stop it?

> Check System > Administration > System Monitor - you should see the
squeezecenter processes.

It doesn't show up in System Monitor, but I do see it when I do "ps ax
| grep squeezecenter" with similar results as I posted in an earlier
message.

> The fix for the apparmor problem is not included in SC 7.0, and you
will have to upgrade to 7.0.1 to make SC run with apparmor.

To install 7.0.1, do I just repeat the process that I went through with
7.0 using a different source as described in the wiki? Do I have to
remove 7.0 first? If so, could you tell me how to do it?

Thanks very much for all your help!

--
MadCityGeoff