In the pic attached above: "use router as DNS server". So it does do DNS
caching, and I guess the form allows to map MAC-IP-name in one go.
Cool.

To catch-up on what snarlydwarf said, I concur about dnsmasq. It is a
great package, tiny and featureful. It does have a dns-dhcp dynamic
mapping, so machines that declare a name when requesting  an IP from the
DHCP server are added to the DNS cache. No need for static IPs and name
mappings.
Very nice, and deploying the same feature with ISCs server (dhcpd,
bind) is vastly more complex.

dnsmasq is really a good choice when looking to run a dns and/or a DHCP
server on a linux machine.
On top of it, a few years ago I had a chat with the developer, and
found him very friendly and supportive.

--
epoch1970