bert1e;675387 Wrote:
> Hi I have also given up on Squeezeplay and moved to squeezeslave. I
> tried downloading the source for squeezeslave and couldnt get it to
> compile probably because I am on XUbuntu 11.10 which has a 3.x kernel.
> Got fed up and downloaded a prebuilt binary here
> http://code.google.com/p/squeezeslave/downloads/list the one I used was
> squeezeslave-1.1-305-lnx26.tar.gz so
>
> tar -xvzf squeezeslave-1.1-305-lnx26.tar.gz
> ./squeezeslave-ubuntu-1.1-305 -D <server_ip>
>
> Then I can control it and play music from the LMS web page
> Once your happy it works move the file to /usr/local/bin or somewhere
> in your path

Just tried it and it appears to run but I don't get any display,
terminal just returns to $ prompt.
I can't see it in LMS either. Not sure what I am looking for, I assume
I should be able to select it as an additional player?

My Terminal commands and output ...

clive@Sony-Vaio ~/Packages/Squeezeslave $ tar -xvzf
squeezeslave-1.1-305-lnx26.tar.gz
squeezeslave-1.1-305
squeezeslave-i64-1.1-305
squeezeslave-ubuntu-1.1-305
LICENSE.txt
clive@Sony-Vaio ~/Packages/Squeezeslave $ ls
LICENSE.txt                        squeezeslave-i64-1.1-305
squeezeslave-1.1-305               squeezeslave-ubuntu-1.1-305
squeezeslave-1.1-305-lnx26.tar.gz
clive@Sony-Vaio ~/Packages/Squeezeslave $ ./squeezeslave-ubuntu-1.1-305
-D 192.168.0.2
clive@Sony-Vaio ~/Packages/Squeezeslave $