brjhaverkamp;676000 Wrote:
> I tried squeezeslave(squeezeslave-ubuntu-1.1-305)
> while it plays music, which is a big plus, I miss the graphics.
> Also I wasn't able to put it in the background. It crashed when I tried
> several times. Anyone with better results?
>
> I worked a bit more on squeezeplay. I started from scratch from svn 7.7
> rev 9561), after all the things I tried I lost track of the changes I
> made.
> I only need to make two changes to get squeezeplay compiled:
> 1)the change to mmx.h to get past the moveq errors
> 2)the change to configure.in to get past all unused parameter errors
> with gcc 4.6
> I added the diffs below.
> I think the flac errors can be solved by installing libflac++-dev
> (ubuntu naming) but I need confirmation from someone here.
> I'm still stumped by the sound part. I installed the latest portaudio
> library (rev 1788), but that didn't help. the portaudio test program
> patest1 gives an error. Don't know if that is a lead though. other
> tests produce sound and seem ok.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bert

Hi Bert, I see you have solved your squeezeslave problem :-)
I achieve the same thing running it from a desktop launcher without the
-D parameter so it runs with no terminal window open.
I then use it through LMS webui so I get the graphics from that.
It's not as slick as Squeezeplay but one advantage is you can sync it
with other players.
I will have another look at squeezeplay when I can but reasonably happy
with squeezeslave for now at least :-)

--
cliver

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.0 - r33626 @ Mon Dec 5 13:44:03 EST
2011
Operating system: Vortexbox 2.0 (Fedora16)
Squeezebox Touch Firmware: 7.7.0-r9550
HTC HD2 running SlimCtrl 1.52
Squeezeplay 7.5.3 - r0
Squeezeslave