Hi,

In article <bert1e.54n3fb1323704...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com>,
           bert1e<bert1e.54n3fb1323704...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
> On mine the scan for new files never finishes. The only way I have got
> scanning to work on 7.7.0 is by doing a clear and rescan the whole lot
> then it works. I havent bothered to report it as I dont add new music
> that often.
>
> There are numerous posts about scanning issues in the LMS forum so I
> figure I will retest when 7.7.1 is out and just live with it for now.

Ah ok, I think that fits with what I'm seeing. I have my server set to do a
'Scan for new...' every night. I did a manual 'Clear and rescan' over the
weekend and that seemed to complete just fine.

I think I'll just disable the automatic scan for now perhaps. Although I'll
probably then forget to enable it again so will never know if it's fixed!

I have the following in my /etc/apt/source.list file:

deb http://debian-origin.slimdevices.com stable main
deb http://debian-origin.slimdevices.com testing main
#deb http://debian-origin.slimdevices.com unstable main

deb http://debian.slimdevices.com stable main
deb http://debian.slimdevices.com testing main
#deb http://debian.slimdevices.com unstable main

I would have expected to get more updates based on the 'testing' bit, rather
than having to wait for official releases...

Or are the nightly builds considered 'unstable'?

Andy