Hey guys, I was toying with the idea running a Squeezelite-only
ecosystem utilizing several existing Win7 & 8 machines I currently have
running (I need to run WMC to get my copy-protected cable channels so
Linux on these is a no-go).  Running Squeezelite on these machines, I've
had tons of sync issues.  Different start times (somewhat mitigated w/
setting an audio delay in settings, but not ideal), small drift during
songs, and very large drift when resuming from pause.  I've read this
thread and see that the Windows audio stack is not ideal for sync due to
the lack of control of the buffer.  As a cheap solution, I was thinking
of just getting a few Raspberry Pis and running them next to my PCs
(powered off the PCs usb).  Would a RPi-only network (without any actual
SB hardware) handle sync fine?  I see that Triode has stated that sync
consistency is way better on linux than Windows.  I'm tempted to wipe a
few of my laptops and install linux to test this out, but figured that
if people are already running this setup, it might be easier to just
ask.  Thanks for any help you guys can provide!