Triode wrote:
> Try a different output device with the -o option, also try with mmap
> turned off "-a :::0" - this is an error saying it is not possible to set
> the output device parameters.

Triode:

I tried both -a :::0 and different devices (only "null" and "sysdefault"
are listed by squeezelite -L, but I tried "default" too).  Other than
using the null device, I get the same error (which makes sense).  If you
have any other suggestions, I'd by happy to try them.

While I'm reasonably certain @truehl's suggestion of Ubuntu was made in
jest, there is an official Ubuntu distro put out by the manufacturer, so
perhaps I'll have better luck.  I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,

George