bakker_be wrote:
> As a sidenote: it's probably been asked before, maybe even by me, but I
> can't recall, is there any way to install the images without having to
> open up the wandboard? It's just a plastic enclosure and I don't think
> it will last forever unscrewing, rescrewing, ...
> :)

My memory is getting so bad.... What did I have for breakfast this
morning? LOL.

Seriously, I vaguely recall doing a little research on this before, same
as being able to boot from SATA. The way the Wandboard guys have "hard"
configured this on the carrier board, it isn't ever going to be possible
without a soldering iron. (Why didn't they use jumpers, so it could be
user configured, I don't know.) Booting from the sdcard on the carrier
board would be good. That poking out through a slot in the plastic case
rather than having to disassemble the case to get to the cpu board slot.
I'll take another look into this later this evening, but if my memory is
not as bad as I think it is, I don't think I'm going to have the answer
you are looking for.

I suppose, I could hack something together, using both sdcard slots.
Just have uboot, 1k in on the cpu card sdcard, (using a very small
capacity sdcard), so it doesn't need to ever be removed, pointing to
mmcblk1 for boot/root partition. ie. the OS on the carrier board slot
and just uboot on the sdcard slot. This all comes down to time.....
There is never enough time.....

Bakker, do you have a Linux distro on the desktop, so you could dd the
uboot to a spare card, if I were to give you some add-hoc instructions.
(Don't know whether you could make this fly via that windows imager
program. The uboot, you need to write 1k into the card, with "bs=1k
seek=1", so it skips the first kilobyte and then starts writing.) Let me
think on this.