scrarfussi wrote:
> Hi JackOfALL Arch is using the latest kernel
> its just you are the only one who has done the patch for spdif that i
> know of and i really have no idea of writing patches . so i had to
> downgrade the kernel to use your patches . i am happy it works . so no
> problems there
> i wonder if your patches can be applied to the 3.10 kernel
> will try it one day when i am bored .

Ah, OK. You have built and are using a 3.0.35 kernel, just to be able to
use the pll4 audio clock (and support for >48k) with SPDIF. ;) Not that
Arch is using a 3.0.35 FSL kernel, by default.

I did make a new set of patches for mainline 3.14. I have no experience
with a 3.10 kernel, is that using device tree to boot? Based on the FSL
3.10, or a generic mainline? Can you give me the output of "uname -r"
for whatever kernel is being used for the "default" kernel you guys are
using with Arch and I'll try to come up with a set of patches that will
apply to it..... The 3.14 patches I've got, (which mess with the
clocks), don't just patch code, they patch the device tree files as
well, and depend on a whole bunch of other patches being applied to
device tree, (code and config files), before they are applied. There
isn't a hope in hell, I suspect, that either the 3.0.35 or the 3.14
patch set will apply and work with a 3.10 kernel. I'll take a quick
look, but if someone is feeling adventurous, it might be better if I
publish the complete patch set for a 3.14 kernel and you try to get that
built and running on Arch.