I am sure you guys have your hands full and this isn't really part of
the the critical path of emulating Squeezeboxen, but since you have
implemented Shairport in PCP v2, I am wondering whether you might think
of implementing support for Spotify Connect at some point. It seems that
some amount of reverse engineering has been done and there are some
implementations on github that work (in Python admittedly, e.g.

https://github.com/Fornoth/spotify-connect-web/

With the changes to the Spotify API over the last year, it is only
really supported through MySB.com for the moment and who knows how long
that might last before Spotify restrict to Connect devices. This would
IMHO be a great addition!

Cheers!