epoch1970 wrote:
> ...I would like to know if the following are available (or can be built
> and added) and can be made to work reliably: VLAN, bonding, bridging,
> iptables, ebtables, openvpn, hostapd, watchdog?...
So I installed piCorePlayer 3.0.2, I think it's a wonderful platform. I
took my usual raspbian lite distro, added squeezelite, and audio quality
(analog line out) was very poor. Then I installed piCorePlayer on the
SD, and immediately I got perfect audio.

I'm not sure I've seen bonding lying around, I suppose some could like
an eth0+wlan0 trunk in active-backup mode.
I've seen vconfig is even there by default, I would surely use it,
perhaps a gui-setting for it is not too outlandish?
One thing I haven't found is a way to enable serial console. My idea for
players in "production use" would be to disable the web GUI and SSH, and
only give access via the console.

These are just remarks. Again, congratulations on building a fantastic
player platform.

3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9
(linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa
• IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon
Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael
Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by
Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin
Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.