paul- wrote:
> I wasn't really paying attention to this, but the Pi2+ is a crippled
> Pi3
>

> Was just looking at the firmware.   Commit dated Sept 21 of the rpi
> Firmware added support for the Pi2+.  I looked at the kernel git commits
> around the same date range and there doesn't appear to be anything
> specific for the Pi2+ in the kernel.   My suspicion is that if you
> replace the firmware on piCore3.02 it will boot ok
>
> 1) Write piCorePlayer3.02 to a SDcard.
> 2) Go here and dowload the new firmware files
> https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/master/boot
> 3) Mount the piCore3.02 SDcard and replace the firmware on the boot FAT
> partition.  The files you want are
> >   >   >
  - bootcode.bin
  - fixup.dat
  - fixup_cd.dat
  - fixup_x.dat
  - start.elf
  - start_cd.elf
  - start_x.elf

> 4) do not replace other files on the boot partition.
>
> Hope to have the new pCP out soon too.   We are trying real hard not
> to release bugs.

Downloading from the above link and replacing the seven (7) noted files
above works perfectly!  piCorePlayer 3.02 now boots on RPi 2 Model B
V1.2!

Note to others: since the space is limited in the boot (FAT) partition,
I found that I had to delete the seven files before trying to replace
them (I mounted the MicroSD from Windows).  Hope this post helps others
with their RPi 2 Model B V1.2 while we are awaiting the next release!

Your superior technical guidance is appreciated. Cheers!