bucketbiochemist wrote:
> I am setting up a player based on Pi3b and Hifiberry Dac+.  I first ran
> into the problem of the conflict between internal wifi and dac board.  I
> added a wifi dongle (Detroit DIY based on RT5370 chipset) and now things
> are communicating (and playing)!  But I was exploring the wifi setup,
> and it looks like my wifi bitrate is set a 1M.  I have tried to change
> it, but it always says the same thing.  Have others experienced this?  I
> haven't been able to discern whether it really is capped at 1M, or that
> is just what it displays.  (I'm copying my iwconfig and iwlist below).
> I thought it might be the dongle, but testing with the canakit ckxw1000
> revealed the same thing.

hi bucketbiochemist,

I have used these RT5370 USB wifi adaptors for many years and have
noticed the "1M" before.

I have found these USB adaptors to be amongst the most resilient wifi
adaptors I use, so either 1M is enough or it is a bug in the displayed
information.

BTW, in [Beta] mode, you should have a [Diagnostics] button on your
[Wifi Settings] page.

regards
Greg