Paul Webster wrote:
> I used punched cards at university (first year only).
>
> and a 2nd cheer some considerable time later when we could use cursor
> keys to move around in a full screen editor!

ohhh.., I had forgotten about that! Writing fortran on a PC in DOS when
a small canadian company developed QNX a unix based OS with a C compiler
and full screen editor! Still a green cursor though...until the amber
monitors came out.

QNX became turbocharged when the intel 80286 came out and you could use
the extra segment register to break the 64K memory barrier! My head
hurts :eek:

Jim