sparkyuk wrote:
> I've just switched to using the 8.1 container version of LMS and my next
> project is to try and get some basic parametric eq working using sox.
> As I understand it this will require some additions to the
> custom-convert.conf file with the appropriate command lines.  However,
> I'm not sure where this file should be created.    The convert.conf file
> says...
>
> # If you wish to create custom transcoding entries that won't be
> overwritten
> # by a new release of Logitech Media Server, create a
> custom-convert.conf file in the
> # Logitech Media Server root directory, or the root of the Plugins
> directory.
>
> If the above is still valid then I could either....
>
> 1) reference a file on the host by adding an option to the docker run
> command such as -v
> /path/to/custom-convert.conf:/lms/custom-convert.conf
> 2) create a file in the host directory that is the "root of the Plugins
> directory" - but which dir is this - cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins or
> prefs/plugin?
>
> Is there a "preferred" method?

I added the highlighted line to my lms container config for
docker-compose and LMS picks up the file just fine and I can see the
entries in the debug player.source logs.  I just need to work out the
right sox command now...

        volumes:
  - /docker/lms/volumes/state:/config:rw
  - /sdb/shared/music:/music:ro
  - /docker/lms/volumes/playlists:/playlist:ro
  *- /docker/lms/volumes/custom-convert.conf:/lms/custom-convert.conf*
  - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro