Roland0 is correct.. you need to make sure the existing http server on
port 80 is configured to listen only on the old IP address (you may also
want to listen on the localhost address, 127.0.0.1), and configure the
proxy (or slimserver; see more below) to listen on the new IP (what you
called the virtual IP).

You can use lsof to see what IP/port your servers are listening on, for
example on a machine I have running lighttpd on two different IPs I
see:

# lsof -n -i :80
COMMAND   PID     USER   FD   TYPE  DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
lighttpd 4136 www-data    4u  IPv4 8975996      0t0  TCP
192.168.105.40:http (LISTEN)
lighttpd 5500 www-data    4u  IPv4 8979770      0t0  TCP
192.168.105.41:http (LISTEN)

whereas on my machine running LMS, which is listening on all IP
addresses, on port 9000:

# lsof -n -i :9000
COMMAND     PID USER   FD   TYPE   DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
slimserve 99807 greg   28u  IPv4 96764276      0t0  TCP *:9000 (LISTEN)

It appears that slimserver supports both --httpport <portnumber> and
--httpaddr <listenip> arguments, so you can likely dispense with
tinyproxy and run LMS directly on port 80 on your new IP address, while
running the other web server on the old IP if you like.  But that would
probably mean you would have to use newIP:80 exclusively for the web
interface.  Most web servers support running on multiple IP/port pairs,
but I don't think LMS does.  If it did, you would be able to run on both
newIP:80 and oldIP:9000.  So if you need that then you likely need the
tinyproxy.