I am starting to see where I'm having trouble.  It's a docker session
that is currently listening on :80, and looking at my lsof output, it's
grabbing *:80 to listen on.  I think I need to get the docker to only
listen on OldIP:80.  Because as you say, I can only have one app listen
on any specific IP:port combination.  My reverse proxy can't start
because *:80 is already reserved for the docker, so NewIP:80 isn't
available.

I'm reaching out to the group that manages the docker application.  They
are helping me restrict it to listen more narrowly.  Almost there!