kbeast wrote:
> If your disks are sleeping that's one thing but everything would be
> there would just pause while everything spins up

And I think even that is not really good for the disks. In worst case
they are working, then they are sleeping and a minute after going to
sleep they are woken up and then they go to sleep again, woke up after a
minute etc.
I think this would kill them really fast. NAS drives are made to work
24/7, not to sleep and start again. The drives are warming up, cooling
down, warming up, cooling down etc., this is really stress for them.

pi4 4gb picoreplayer with lms and squeezelite for usb inside an argon
one case
pi3b+ (7\" display, hifiberry dac+ pro) picoreplayer with
squeezlite/jivelite for hifiberry and bluetooth headphone inside a
smartipi touch case
two airport express
ikea symfonisk