praganj wrote:
> I installed extension uti-linux.tcz and i am getting less errors, then
> before, but cpus are not isolated.
>
> I isolated only cpu 0 for interrupts and i can see in ssh shell with
> "top", that different processes are using cpu 0.
> When i am trying to isolate cpu 0 for interrupts and cpu 3 for
> squeezelite, so i am setting CPU isolation 0,3. Then i am trying to run
> squeezelite on 3 and output on 3 and i can see with ssh, that
> squeezelite is not running on cpu 3, but on 0 and different processes
> are using cpu 3.
>
> So installing extension uti-linux.tcz is not solving this problem ... :(

util-linux (which is just installing the full version of taskset) has no
bearing on cpu isolation.  The kernel decides where it runs kernel code,
if the kernel code says to run a process on CPU3, then it will do it,
irregardless of the isolation request.  In the past, the rpi kernel
forced all interrupts to run on cpu 0, but that could have changed.

As for squeezelite, there are 4 different processes associated with
squeezelite. Are you looking at them individually?

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer